Ethos & aims
"Believe and achieve at Christ the King."
Christ the King School has a particular distinctiveness in that it seeks to represent the Gospel teachings of Jesus Christ and the teaching of the Catholic Church, as we strive to develop the talents of every member of our community.
We are a school actively in union with our community that embraces and champions the British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs.
Aims for our pupils:
Christ the King Catholic Primary School aims to promote high achievement and learning for life by working with pupils:
- To deepen their knowledge, understanding and love of God and his creation.
- To engender a spirit of independence and self-motivation, thus promoting self-esteem and to encourage personal responsibility for actions.
- To provide for each child a wide, balanced curriculum of high quality, appropriate to individual needs and fulfilling the requirements of the National Curriculum.
- To develop independent, enquiring minds and an enjoyment of learning.
- To achieve the highest possible personal standards in all areas of the curriculum.
Mission for our school
Christ the King Catholic School believes that each child will succeed by the school:
- Working with parents and parishes to give the children in our care knowledge of their faith and to guide them in the practice of their faith.
- Encouraging the growth of a community based upon gospel values, where each member has the opportunity to explore their faith.
- Providing an environment where each child is valued as an individual and has the opportunity to develop to their full potential.
- Developing a community where every members’ needs, talents and qualities are appreciated.
- Encouraging the development of a professional, motivated and mutually supportive staff who hold high expectations of our pupils.
- Setting and maintaining high standards of discipline, courtesy and general moral values which allow the whole school community to function effectively. Our aim is that each child can, in due course, take on a responsible role in society.
- Providing a non-sexist, non-racist atmosphere which engenders tolerance and respect for other races, religions and lifestyles.
- Fostering links between home, school and parishes for the benefit of our children.